Happy New Year! While most reports from Q4 indicate that 2019 was a robust year for law firms, others are cautioning that we are still due for a slowdown in 2020. Now is the time to hone your growth strategies, safely secure your clients and your own talent, and proactively manage into the future. We are ready to help you in these endeavors and provide a summary of some of the ways in which RainMaking Oasis can do so.
We help your lawyers and firm grow new, profitable business
- We conduct high-level strategic business and practice development coaching in six, nine or twelve month increments for individual partners and groups of partners (we are happy to be measured on our results as we have been consistently successful in helping generate substantial new business/revenue.)
- We help design and oversee the implementation of focused, market-driven business plans for practice and industry groups.
- We provide business development training for:
- Senior associates and counsel
- New partners
- New and seasoned equity partners
- Women and diverse attorneys
- We help navigate RFPs responses, proposals and pitch meeting preparation.
We help you deepen, expand and protect relationships with your clients
- We conduct client feedback/needs assessment interviews with your clients.
- We provide client interview training for your partners and CMOs/CCOs/CBDOs.
- We help you select clients for and develop effective key client teams and introduce a strategic account management discipline into the oversight of key client relationships.
- We train partners in the art of cross-selling/cross-practice collaboration.
- We provide client service training for lawyers and firm staff.
We help you better recruit, develop and retain the right legal talent
- We audit your current lateral partner hiring process to help you improve your outcomes.
- We review and design improvements to your lateral onboarding and integration process.
- We assess your current organic growth strategy to help ensure you are considering the new skills and competencies needed for the future, and have systems in place for retaining and advancing future partners.
- We train and coach women and other diverse attorneys on business, practice and personal development strategies.
We help firms and their leaders better manage, innovate and nurture their firms
- We develop and provide support for market-driven practice group and industry group strategies and action plans.
- We provide training and coaching to Practice Group Leaders in their roles, responsibilities and challenges.
- We train and coach current and emerging leaders.
- We provide strategic planning services to help firms focus on their opportunities, areas of competitive distinctiveness and “blue oceans.”
- We design and facilitate partner retreats on strategic planning, vision and values and change management.
- We engage in firm cultural assessments and offer strategies to build cohesive cultures.
- We conduct Legal Innovation Collabathons™ for law firms and their clients and train lawyers in legal operations innovation.
We help firms and legal departments in the smooth succession and transition of clients and senior lawyers/ leaders/ rainmakers
- We help design systematic processes and roadmaps for succession planning and retirement policies in firms and law departments.
- We work with senior rainmakers and their designated successors to develop and oversee the implementation of specific client transition action plans.
- We consult with existing leaders in helping identify and transition their successors.
- We provide individual coaching to senior partners on next career options and transition.
RainMaking Oasis provides consulting, training and coaching services to law firms and lawyers in the areas of business development and growth strategy, innovation, client retention and expansion, succession planning and leadership and personal effectiveness skills. Please contact Susan Duncan at firstname.lastname@example.org.